BLUEGRASS BBQ, HIGH WYCOMBE



Bluegrass BBQ has been on Hannah and I's radar for a few months after Hannah saw the Ten Mile Menu guys tweeting about a new BBQ joint opening up in Wycombe, we patiently waited and followed along on Facebook & Twitter until Tuesday last week rolled around and their doors opened.

As we walked in and took our seats I was struck by the décor, a simple retro American theme with custom decorated wall panels throughout helping set the scene for a genuine American BBQ joint and with the place settings and simply presented sauces I was reminded of my last real BBQ experience at Grillstock in Bristol. Also, the restaurant was surprisingly busy for 7pm on a Tuesday night, who know Wycombe was screaming out for good independent restaurants? Oh yeah, EVERYONE! (micro rant, over.)

I went for a pulled pork & brisket whilst Hannah opted for a simple pulled pork. The meat was perfectly cooked, still juicy and very tender, in fact I'd have to say it out did Grillstock for me and I'll definitely be going back shortly to try some more of their sauces and sample a few other items on the menu.

I didn't sweat about the non Paleo fries, sometimes life gives you BBQ and who would I be to say no?

P.S - Please go and support another indie restaurant in Wycombe - Mom's Diner. They are going through some tough times after their fire last year and need our support to get back on their feet. I'll be popping in for a coffee sometime this week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment