NEW YORK PT I

New York seems like an eternity away, a colossal expanse in time and space with memories that are beginning to fade like smoke in the night. Much has changed post visit, life has been a smooth, rough, fast, slow, exuberant ride since Hannah and I returned from the City in April.

Its been said that New York made me who I am today, that it changed and shaped me so drastically during my brief 15 days at the tender age of 18, and I have never been the same again. I would tend to agree.

Although this visit wasn't quite so life changing, it was brilliant and needless to say I LOVE THIS CITY. The ambiance, food, culture, hustle and bustle, shopping, raw emotion, architecture, photogenic spaces and history make New York City top of my visited list. Did I also mention there are a ton of Frenchies there? It couldn't get much more brilliant. And with that here is Part I of our trip.

Our first couple of days were spend exploring Tompkins Square ParkThe High Line Park, The Guggenheim and Grand Central. We also visiting every Apple store in the city and meet the crazy talented Alice Gao after Hannah and I have followed her for a few years, regrettably we didn't take any photos and simply grabbed a coffee at La Colombe Torrefaction for a little chat.


We also had some amazing eats including Abraco Espresso, Peels, Tompkins Square Bagels, Butter Lane Cupcakes, Yoshi Sushi and Nai Tapas Bar. I'm so smitten with the idea of eating a different cuisine in an independent restaurant at affordable prices whenever you feel like it with no worries about running out of new places to try. Around Bucks we seem stuck with chain Italian Restaurants and Nandos - so depressing!

1 comment:

  1. I really can't wait to go - it looks awesome! Great pictures too :).

    ReplyDelete