My second project this year is the vegetable garden Hannah and I are slowing cultivating.

This all started back at Christmas when I bought Hannah a gift box from ALLOTINABOX. We patiently waited and watched the growing guide until sufficient time passed and we could begin planting our seeds, not long after we had little shoots of Spinach, Leeks, Chives, Spring Onions & Carrots slowing growing on our window sill. It was amazing to watch.

We quickly migrated them into larger containers and began to wait what felt like a life time before the British winter lifted and the little vegetables could be moved outside into the planters we built from scrap wood I'd collected at work. We just enjoyed our first batch of Spinach, freshly picked and rinsed then cooked into a Frittata. All that from a little seed I planted 2 months ago. I can't wait to see what Part 2 will bring!

This project has a lot to do with my desire to reach optimal health and I know you're probably thinking I'm too young to worry about that, but I've already had the unhealthy phase of my life and I never want to go back there. Not because I was unhappy, but because I wasn't capable of doing what I wanted.

Food is a huge part of my life and with this Paleo nutrition thing growing like a weed into every inch of my day to day thoughts I can't see it stopping. You see Paleo is all about enjoying real, natural foods that lend themselves to our hunter gatherer past. This means I eat mostly meat, eggs, organic veggies, some fruit, plenty of nuts & seeds and get to enjoy all the health benefits of doing so. Hello insulin sensitivity! Why did you leave when I was 11 years old?

No comments:

Post a Comment